The Public Authority for Civil Aviation (PACA) is responsible for issuing all flight approvals.
Flight and airline schedules are scheduled under the Bilateral Air Services Agreement. When the required conditions are met, an application is made to the General Civil Aviation Authority to update the appointments and include them in flight schedules.
Charter, Cargo and Ad-Hoc Operators
Airlines operating flights are required to submit the following documents and information to the General Civil Aviation Authority (PACA) at least 72 hours prior to the flight's operating date:
- Airline name and full address (address/phone/fax/email).
- Details, dates and dates of arrival and departure.
- Entry/exit points within Muscat’s Oman skies, itinerary and expected departure/arrival time.
- Flight plans including departure points, mid-range and out-of-range points to be indicated with airport codes.
- The purpose of the flight, the number of passengers, the nature and size of the cargo in the case of cargo flights.
- The name, address and scope of the tenant's business, if any.
- Names of crewmembers.
- The responsible entity and the person's name to settle air navigation fees, landing and parking fees. (address/phone/fax/email)
Valid and clear copies of the following documents to be submitted:
- Air Operator Certificate with specifications.
- Certificate of Insurance, including third party liability.
- Certificate of Registration, (only for the aircraft intended to operate with).
- Certificate of Airworthiness, (only for the aircraft intended to operate with).
- Aircraft Noise Certificate, (only for the aircraft intended to operate with).
- Radio Licenses Certificate, (only for the aircraft intended to operate with).
The flight approval application should be sent to:
Director of Air Transport, Public Authority of Civil Aviation (PACA)
Telephone: +968-24354028 / +968-24354062
E-mail: [email protected]
Office working hours, all weekdays from 07:30 - 15:30 UTC timing.
For urgent cases of flight clearance outside the office working hours please contact:
Public Authority for Civil Aviation (PACA),
Telephone: +968-24354414 / +968-24354413