Update on travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
Latest update: May 4 , 2021
Oman Airports COVID-19 Travel Guidance
In an effort to prevent the spread of new coronavirus strains in the Sultanate and based on the decision issued by the Supreme Committee for dealing with COVID-19, the Civil Aviation Authority adopted several COVID-19 restrictive measures including restricted entry into the Sultanate to only Omanis and residents, who have visas issued on or before 5th April 2021, and they must comply with the requirements imposed by the relevant authorities.
COVID-19 Suspension of Entry to the Sultanate to arrivals from a number of countries.
Based on the decision issued regarding suspend the entry to the Sultanate, The Supreme Committee for dealing with COVID-19 and the Civil Aviation Authority has decided, extended the suspension of entry into the Sultanate until further notice for those coming from 14 countries, including Sudan, Lebanon, South Africa, Brazil, Nigeria, Tanzania, Ghana, Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Ethiopia, the United Kingdom, the Republic of India, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Republic of Bangladesh and travelers who have been in or transited through any of these countries in the previous 14 days prior to their request to enter the Sultanate.
The Supreme Committee has also decided to add arrivals from the Arab Republic of Egypt and the Republic of Philippines and travelers who have been traveling from other countries but have passed through any of these two countries in the previous 14 days prior to their request to enter the Sultanate to the list of countries from which is suspended enter the Sultanate, starting 9:00 am Friday, 7th May 2021 and remains in effect until further notice. Omani citizens, diplomats, health staff, and their families are exempt from the ban and will be subject to entry procedures adopted by the Sultanate.
Arriving in Oman procedures:
If you are arriving in the Sultanate through Oman Airports, you must follow the below steps as published in the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Circular:
- Before arriving in Oman you are required to take a PCR test within 72-hours prior to the scheduled time of arrival and present a negative COVID-19 test result.
- When arriving in Oman from any country, you will be required to undergo another PCR test at Oman Airports, however prior to your arrival:
1- You should pre-book for the PCR test through the Sahala platform https://covid19.emushrif.om/traveler/travel,
2- A fee of OMR 25 must be paid for the PCR test.
3- Book a hotel for institutional quarantine through the Sahala platform for residents and visa holders.
4- Download (Tarrasud+) application.
5- After taking the test upon your arrival you must quarantine for 7 days, and wear Tarrasud+ bracelet.
6- The test results will be available within 24 hours
7- After quarantining for 7 days, you are required to take a new PCR test on the 8th day, if the test result is negative the quarantine period will end you can remove the Tarrasud+ bracelet in the public health center or a private health institution.
8- The test report can be viewed and printed electronically on https://covid19.emushrif.om
Please read carefully all the requirements for entering the Sultanate through Oman Airports as published in the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Circular:
- It’s no longer allowed for travelers arriving in Oman to stay for a period of less than 8 days. Airlines must ensure that there are no travel reservations made to depart Oman before the mandatory quarantine period ends (7 days with negative PCR test result on the 8th day).
- Omani citizens, residents with valid residency permits, and travelers with a valid visa are allowed to enter the Sultanate without prior approval.
- Exempt Omanis arriving in the Sultanate through land, sea or air borders from mandatory institutional quarantine, but should undergo home-based isolation, together with other procedures imposed on all arrivals in the Sultanate. Consequently, they will not need to provide proof of a hotel booking for 7 nights or a guarantee letter that specifies details of the arrangements being made in accordance with the institutional quarantine requirements started from 6 April.
- All travelers arriving in the Sultanate of Oman are required to have international health insurance covering the cost of COVID-19 treatment valid for one month, except for citizens, GCC nationals, and passengers with free treatment cards.
- Children below 16 years old are exempt from the PCR test and Tarrasud+ bracelet requirements.
- Diplomats working at foreign embassies accredited to the sultanate of Oman and diplomats visiting the Sultanate are exempted from the COVID-19 PCR test. Tarassud+ and the bracelet, however, are subject to a seven-day quarantine.
- Aircraft crew is exempt from the PCR test, Tarrasud+ bracelet requirements, the isolation requirements, and are subject to the precautionary measures issued by the Ministry of Health.
- Children aged 18 and below are exempt from the institutional quarantine.
- Airlines are required to ensure that all passengers are adhering to the health requirements of the Sultanate of Oman prior to departure.
- All other previously issued requirements for entry in the Sultanate of Oman remain in force, in as much as they do not contradict the above newly issued requirements.
Departing from Oman procedures:
Before booking a flight, you must consider the following requirements:
- Omani citizens and residents can travel abroad without pre-approval.
- Omani citizens shall have health insurance covering COVID-19 valid in the country they are traveling to.
- Check the latest COVID-19 travel and testing requirements for your destination.
- Consider online check-in, where possible, prior to arrival at the airport to avoid face-to-face contact at the airport
- Travelers need to be at the airport at least 3 hours before the official time of departure or 4 hours at most.
- Never travel if you display coronavirus symptoms.
- If required, PCR tests can be done at the Airport Drive-through and Walk-in facilities, located in P5 car park in Muscat and at Lifeline Hospital Salalah.
- The cost of the drive-thru PCR test is 19 OMR, you can register for it through https://covid19.emushrif.om
- Test results will be available within 24 hours at : https://covid19.emushrif.om
- The certified Ministry of Health test report is now electronically available on https://covid19.emushrif.om for a fee of 5 OMR
Travel Safely. Stay Healthy.
Oman Airports has implemented protective measures at the terminal building and at security checkpoints to make the travel procedures and screening process safer for our passengers and employees. Travelers are reminded to observe the following travel, safety, and health measures:
- You must have a valid air ticket to be allowed into the airport terminal building
- Do not travel if you feel sick or have a fever.
- Wear a face mask at all times while at the airport and during your trip. Face masks must be changed every 4 hours, so please bring enough for your journey
- Maintain social distancing of at least 1.5 meters inside the airport terminal.
- Check-in online to avoid face-to-face contact at the airport.
- Avoid carrying your phone or other items in your hands when going through the check-in process and security checkpoints.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces, including mobile phones.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a paper towel cover or a flexed elbow when sneezing or coughing, even when wearing a mask.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with others, including handshaking and other greeting gestures.
- Meeters and greeters are not allowed into the airport terminal, except for individuals accompanying passengers with special needs (one accompanying individual only).