Update on travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
Welcome to Oman Airports, we are glad to guide and assist you prepare your upcoming journey to or from the Sultanate of Oman.
Arriving in Oman:
If you are preparing to travel to Oman here are the steps that will guide you in your journey:
- Travelers are not required to register through (www://travel.moh.gov.om) anymore for traveling to the Sultanate of Oman.
- Non-citizen travelers aged 18 and above traveling to the Sultanate of Oman are required to present a vaccination certificate indicating that they have received at least two doses of the approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before traveling.
Approved vaccines in Oman:
- 2 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech (comirnaty), Astrazeneca ( Vaxzevria, Covishield), Moderna (Spikevax or Takeda Japan), Sinopharm (Beijing) (Covilo), Sinovac (CoronaVac), CanSinBio (Convidecia), Novavax (Nuvaxovid) (Covovax), Gamaleya Research Institute (Sputnik V).
-A single dose of Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S), Sputnik Lite.
- The last dose is required to be taken at least fourteen (14) days ahead of the estimated arrival time.
- Please note that the Ministry of Health publishes and updates the list of vaccines approved in Oman.
- All travelers arriving in the Sultanate of Oman are required to obtain international health insurance to cover the cost of one month's treatment of COVID- 19, with the exception of Omani citizens, GCC citizens, and travelers with free treatment cards.
Departing from Oman:
- Make sure to continuously check with your airline in order to learn about the requirements of the destination you are headed to, also don’t forget to consider the following requirements:
- Omani citizens and residents can travel abroad without pre-approval.
- Omani citizens shall have health insurance covering COVID-19 valid in the country they are traveling to.
- Travelers need to be at the airport at least 3 hours before the official time of departure or 4 hours at most.
- Never travel if you display coronavirus symptoms.
- If required, PCR tests can be done at the Airport Drive-through and Walk-in facilities, located in P5 car park in Muscat and at Lifeline Hospital Salalah.
- The cost of the drive-thru PCR test is 19 OMR, you can register for it through http://travel.moh.gov.om
- Test results will be available within 24 hours at: http://travel.moh.gov.om
Travel Safely. Stay Healthy.
Because we care for the health and safety of our travelers and staff at Oman Airports, we have implemented all the necessary protective measures in the terminal buildings to make your travel journey is as safe and smooth as possible. However, your commitment and cooperation in adhering to the measures taken will help us overcome this pandemic together:
- Do not travel if you feel sick or have a fever.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory inside the airport terminal.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 1.5 meters inside the airport terminal.
- Check-in online to avoid face-to-face contact at the airport.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces, including mobile phones.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a paper towel cover or a flexed elbow when sneezing or coughing, even when wearing a mask.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with others, including handshaking and other greeting gestures.